Previously, it was believed that the treatment of erectile dysfunction (impaired potency in men) is the prerogative of exclusively sexopathologists and psychiatrists. Soul healers prescribed sedatives and a special mode of intimate meetings (sex therapy) to their wards.
Over the years, views on the treatment of impotence have changed. Experts are convinced that erectile dysfunction is a multifactorial problem. And in the vast majority of cases, it is a consequence of:
- psychological disorders most often associated with stress and depression;
- diabetes mellitus. In men suffering from this disease, problems with potency are observed three times more often than in those who do not have diabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction can also occur due to many other endocrinological diseases: hypothyroidism, pituitary tumors (prolactinoma); including with:
- a decrease in the production of the sex hormone testosterone, one of the main participants in the regulation of protein, fat, carbohydrate metabolism in the male body and the main catalyst for love, responsible for spermatogenesis (sperm production) and libido (sex drive);
- urological problems, such as malformations of the male genital organs, diseases of the prostate and bladder, renal failure, which also inhibit the sexual function of men.
To avoid problems with potency:
- Watch your weight. Your waist should not exceed 90 sm.
- Limit your calorie intake by reducing your intake of refined fats (butter, sour cream, mayonnaise, etc.) and carbohydrates (sugar, sweets, sugary drinks, etc.).
- Move more. The most useful sport for manhood is swimming.
- Quit smoking. It not only promotes the development of atherosclerosis but also reduces the level of prostaglandins - hormone-like substances that contribute to the appearance of an erection in men.
- Be careful with certain medications. Antidepressants, some antihypertensive drugs, antihistamines, and antiulcer drugs include drugs that inhibit intimate life.
Treatment for psychogenic erectile dysfunction includes psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy. Psychotherapy is an etiopathogenetic treatment aimed at relieving anxiety and fear of coitus.
Pharmacotherapy until recently was exhausted by symptomatic agents - tranquilizers, which alleviated anxiety only for a short time, as well as yohimbine, nicergoline, the mechanism of action of which was associated only with the placebo effect. The situation has changed dramatically in the last 10 years after the appearance in the arsenal of doctors of type 5 phosphodiesterase inhibitors, the ancestor of which and the most famous representative of the group is the famous Agra.
Best price in USA