Today let's talk about the benefits of
Steroids are substances of animal or, less commonly, plant origin, which have high biological activity. For example, corticosteroids relieve inflammation and if not for them, you would writhe in pain. We will not align with AAS everything that bears this name, but we will agree that steroids are those drugs that are used in bodybuilding.
So, I want to start with the main plus, for which we all gathered, this is the restoration of the body fasting heavy physical exertion, or rather its acceleration. With a natural level of hormones, the process of restoring the body after a heavy load will take an average of 48 hours (rarely 36, often 72). Alas, this is a fact, but it takes time and a significant amount of energy to grow muscles. With AAS, recovery is much faster. Very handy here is the story of Arthur Jones with his experiment on Casey Weator. The essence of the experiment is training on the Nautilus simulator (the invention of Arthur Jones) to failure in a day. And it turned out that in almost a month (28 days) Vayator gained 28 kilograms of muscle. This is about a kilogram per day! Also, it took 8 kilograms of fat. Of course, this result is unrealistic without the use of anabolic-androgenic steroids.
Let's look at the effect of some anabolic steroid
Take methandrostenolone for example. So, penetrating the cell nucleus, it has the following effects on the body:
1. It activates the genetic apparatus of the cell, which leads to an increase in the synthesis of DNA, RNA and structural proteins, activation of enzymes in the tissue respiration chain (a set of enzymatic processes that take place with the participation of atmospheric oxygen in the cells of organs and tissues, as a result of which the breakdown products of carbohydrates, fats and proteins are oxidized to carbon dioxide and water - in other words, the process of energy release from the cell is accelerated.
2. It leads to increased tissue respiration (by the number of substances involved and energy release), oxidative phosphorylation, ATP synthesis (adenosine triphosphate is the reason for your life, ATP-synonym for energy in your cells) and macroergs accumulation (molecules that can accumulate this very energy and give you buddy) inside the cage.
3. It stimulates anabolic and suppresses catabolic processes (read more in the article about metabolism) caused by glucocorticoids (by the way, steroids from the adrenal cortex also control carbohydrate metabolism, and they are also anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, anti-allergic, anti-shock steroids. Less stress - less catabolism).
4. It leads to an increase in muscle mass, a decrease in fat deposits and a negative nitrogen balance. The hematopoietic effect is associated with an increase in the synthesis of erythropoietin (by the way, the hormone is also used as doping, it increases haemoglobin, and therefore oxygen transfer. More oxygen - more oxidation, more energy). Erythropoietin causes increased bone marrow intake of iron, copper, vitamin B12 and folate, which leads to a decrease in plasma, iron, copper and vitamin B12 levels, as well as lower levels of transport proteins - ferritin and transcobalamin.
At the same time, one should not forget that even low androgenic activity can contribute to the development of male secondary sexual characteristics (moustache, beard, chest hair), which is undesirable for women. Read more about the negative side effects in this article.
General positive effects of the use of anabolic steroids
You get the following positive effects:
1. Regeneration of muscle tissue after training is significantly increased, regardless of whether you follow a diet or not. Of course, in the latter case, the effect will be, but not as large as with a proper diet, the amount of protein carbohydrates and fats, as well as their ratio.
2. Fat deposits are reduced. It can even be said that AAS as a whole "burns out" the accumulated salt, but from some drugs, this is not very noticeable due to water retention in the body, so choose the choice wisely.
3.Strength increases, muscle density increases. The mass at the same time can remain the same (the composition of the body is naturally not), as everything happens have been read above.
4.Strengthening the bones, but here is the flip side of the coin - closing the growth of bones. For information, fractures grow together faster. A side effect is an osteoporosis, but it appears from estrogen and progesterone, which in turn causes an increase in certain drugs, but more on them later.
5.Pump. The volume of blood in the body increases, and therefore the muscles on the “hot” will look different, much more.
6. Plus, which many have noticed - attraction (here I think without comment, and so everything is clear). You just get blown away! Of course, the opposite sex at a subconscious level feels testosterone :). Because blood means more and the pump is no longer just in the muscles, the increase in stiffness and size in men, themselves understood where;) Yes, this is a pretty pleasant fact.
7.“Steroid rage", and if no jokes, aggression. It usually manifests itself from highly androgenic drugs (example trenbolone). Why a plus? If you are a guy with a head, extra energy will not hurt you. Although you will not rush at people, just be prepared - if in a normal situation you do not pay attention to the causticity in your address, then on steroids you can break the ribs of your opponent.
8.Self –confidence. You see your gain, you like yourself in the mirror, respectively, you feel more confident, because you succeed, and you go to your goal. Yes, here AAS is more likely not directly affecting, but indirectly.
As you can see, steroids have very useful and interesting effects. And if you decide to reach great heights in bodybuilding, then without steroids it will be almost impossible to do. Steroids are like a catalyst in chemistry (much similar) - they accelerate the process of achieving results. But if you stop practising, then two or three months and you look the same as before the course. We remind you that the use of anabolic steroids seriously affects the human body, and if you are not going to connect your life with professional sports, then carefully think about whether you need them. As always, please comment and ask questions. We will be happy to help you.