Errors novice bodybuilders
1. The more you train, the faster your muscles will grow. This is what many beginners do: they sit in the gym for 4 hours, thinking that this way they will get pumped up faster. They go to the gym every day thinking that the more you train, the faster you pump up. I want to disappoint you if you do this you will not have any growth! No need to train a lot. When will the muscles grow? Muscles do not grow during exercise, but after it, when you relax. During training, micro-damages occur in the muscles, and during rest, they heal (with protein) and they become larger, so their growth occurs.
2. Will not stand from protein. Protein-protein is translated from English into Russian, it is found in almost every food (meat, milk, fish, poultry, etc.). This is not a steroid and does not invent any nonsense.
3. Do not overestimate your strength. Do not try to come to the gym to lift a lot of weight, your body is not yet ready for such a load, you have not learned how to perform the exercise technique correctly, you may get injured. Do you need this? No need to rush anywhere, still have time to lift a lot of weight.
4. Training without a program. You need a trainer or a person who has a concept in bodybuilding to make you a normal program and you were engaged in the program, and not every workout did the same exercises or as some do today one, for the second workout that comes into your head. So wrong! You must have a competent program.
5. I eat only soup once or twice a day. With such nutrition, you will not achieve good results. The soup has very few calories, it is essentially water and potatoes. You need to eat at least 3-4 times a day and include porridge (cereals) and meat, fish, dairy products and others that contain protein in your diet.
6. I do not need a safety belt. When performing an exercise: squat with a barbell, deadlift, barbell pull or dumbbell tilt, you must wear a belt in order not to get a hernia or popping back discs. And do not be too confident in yourself and your abilities.
7. I seem to get pumped into the gym for six months and stop practising. For six months, if you exercise and eat properly, you can gain weight of 10 kilograms or more, if you try, beautiful big muscles take time to do this.
And most importantly, even if you will be engaged for 1 year or more, and then quit doing completely, your muscles will begin to slowly but surely decrease in volume, you can even swim in fat, and there will be no trace of your workouts. So it is arranged by nature, when you stop exercising, the muscles begin to atrophy (decrease in size), the body does not need such large muscles if a person does not use them 100%, a lot of energy is needed to maintain them. And instead of muscle, it is stored in fat as a reserve source of energy that the body can use at any time.
8. I will take steroids and quickly pump up.
First of all, not everything is as simple as it seems, many people think that if you take them, you will immediately become as pumped up like Arnold Schwarzenegger. First, you need the right program to train and intensive training, the second is proper nutrition, the third is a good rest and then there will be a result. Even after a course of steroids, you need to make the right exit, because if you do not do it correctly, you will lose almost all the weight you have gained! If not all, then more than half for sure! Yes, that’s right.
9. I sleep a little. You need to sleep at least 8 hours, during sleep there is a recovery of the body and even muscle growth, if you do not sleep enough, the body does not have time to recover after training, and you go back to the gym and load it even more. So you will get overtired, after which you will stop growing muscles, as well as you will lose weight.
10. Bodybuilders should not eat fat, and I refused it completely. Yes, fat is not useful in this sport, but it is impossible to completely refuse it! Since fat is involved in the structure of cells (muscles) and some hormones, even testosterone, which is needed for muscle growth. Consume it a little, do not give up completely on it, this is a mistake.
11. If you stop practising the barbell your muscles sag. Complete nonsense! The muscles will disappear, they will become smaller, you will be covered with fat and the fat will sag on the body.
12. I'll buy myself a protein and become a healthy Jock. To become healthy you need to eat a lot of this protein and spend a lot of time and training, the protein itself is just an additive! Natural food (protein) is much healthier and better absorbed than protein powder. And you don't need to rely on its miraculous power, it serves as additional food and that's all.